Matthew Peters/Manchester United via Getty Images. Pictured: Paul Pogba
The return of club football after the international break saw a whole a lot of upsets and intrigue:
- Liverpool were denied a late winner against Everton by a questionable VAR decision.
- Chelsea and Tottenham both blew huge leads at home to Southampton and West Ham, respectively.
- Manchester City asserted their dominance once again over Arsenal.
- Both Barcelona and Real Madrid were upset in La Liga by Getafe and Cadiz, respectively.
- AC Milan finally beat Inter Milan for the first time in two years.
- Napoli routed previously undefeated Atalanta, 4-1, at home with all four goals coming in first half.
- Juventus were only able to muster a draw at newly-promoted side Crotone.
This weekend’s slate features some tantalizing matches, but domestic leagues are in a sandwich spot. With Champions League and Europa League in action this week and next, a lot of teams in those competitions will have to manage their squads this weekend. Therefore, it may be a good idea to wait until starting lineups come out before heading to the window.
You can use these projections to